Nov 17, 2020
Analytics for voice traffic
What is analytics for voice traffic and why is it needed?
Let’s discuss why you need analytics for voice traffic and how it works.
In the modern world, without analytics, it is absolutely impossible to measure the quality of provision of services and, moreover, target any particular level of customer service. Thus, analytics is a necessary tool; but how does it work? What is behind this word?
Today we will answer this question by using our analytics department as a case study.
In addition to processing incoming requests, we offer extensive analytics capabilities to further meet client goals
Our routing team consists of 14 dedicated people who are constantly working on route quality. However, this team is unique because it not only supports clients technically, but also concurrently conducts sales and routing analytics. This allows our managers to get the data they need to develop personalized proposals to clients and offer custom-tailored routing solutions that meet clients’ specific business tasks.
The main goal of the analytics performed at LANCK Telecom is to maintain a guaranteed quality of service for customers. We accomplish this by developing unique routing solutions when processing applications. We follow this by establishing custom testing schemes to quickly identify and solve potential problems in any given solution. By combining this testing with analytical usage data, we are able to continuously evolve and improve the solutions we offer.
Let’s examine this approach closer:
1) What does our unique approach to routing entail? Just like most of our competitors, we offer several standard routing plans for different types of traffic. However, what sets us apart is our ability to develop custom routing options for clients’ specific needs. Not only are these options custom, but they are continuously updated to stay current with evolving requirements. This means that we can create a special rule for a given client – which would not typically be found in a standard plan – thus providing dedicated routing.
When a technical support request is received, our analytics staff conducts a multi-level traffic testing process:
- Making calls originating from technical support via the customer’s routes
- Making calls using third-party tools (a variety are available);
- Testing under load (with major traffic instead of single calls) at different times, including during peak hours.
This approach allows us to provide our customers with premium AZ with guaranteed quality of service. We are proud that we address this need with great care and individual attention.
We have a long standing reputation for our attention to detail which allows us to not only serve our customers in this way, but also to ensure that our suppliers are very careful about the quality of the routes that they offer us.
2) Our accumulated experience and expertise allows us to understand where a routing problem may arise and how to solve it, so we test the “weaknesses” of any particular solution to prevent potential problems long before they arise.
We conduct online testing. This means that at the time of testing, both parties are in touch. One of the parties conducts a call test, while the other simultaneously monitors the call online.
Furthermore, the fact that we have PoPs with partners all over the world allows us to customize tests for clients based on their geographic location. For example, lets say a subscriber based in Russia makes a call to another point in Russia. At the same time, a subscriber from Canada calls a point in Russia which uses the same Russian operator. Despite the fact that both of them call the same operator, the call quality may be completely different due to geography and routing. You can evaluate and compare the paths of these calls using emulation.
As for VoIP/SIP, clients may use varying codecs (different mathematical models used for digital coding and compression of audio information.). We have the ability to emulate test calls with different codecs to detect the problem and see if it is due to encoding.
If such customized emulations are not performed, then not all problems can be identified and prevented.
3) Another of the global tasks of Lanck Telecom’s analytics staff is generating ideas for new tools based on analytics data. The Telejet analytical module helps us with this task. It allows us to receive a huge number of reports, which then analyze and synthesize. From this we form ideas for our development team to strengthen analytic capabilities for our clients. These might be additional tools, systems, or even stand-alone interfaces.
These are just three ways in which our analytics staff support our mission.
All our actions are aimed at ensuring that our clients ultimately receive exceptional quality service. We are proud that the market appreciates our efforts and motivates us to keep evolving further.
If you are looking for a first-class partner to meet your communication needs, look no further.
Feel free to reach us at https://lancktele.com/ or email@example.com with any questions. We are always happy to hear from you!